Welcome to O'Connor! It has been a pleasure getting to know your student for the first 2 weeks of school. So far we have studied the foundations of being a Scholarly Student, and have begun the Study of Geography. I am impressed with the attentive nature of this year's freshmen to both staying ahead of the game in their academic work, and also their willingness to question and learn.
Here are a few reminders of things to keep track of in the next few weeks:
1. Students must have an interactive notebook for World Geography. College Ruled Composition Notebooks are preferred.
2. Notebook Quiz 1 - September 10, 2014
3. Studying Geography Test - September 11, 2014
4. Progress Reports - September 15, 2014
5. End of 6 weeks - October 3, 2014
Please note, that I am available for tutoring in my classroom most mornings and some afternoons. There is a tutoring sign up sheet in our class for students, so that I can make sure that I am available to them for their academic needs.
Also, we have an incredible tutoring center on campus in our library classroom B102. Their tutoring schedule is posted below.
Again, Welcome to OC, and Go Panthers!
The World at Your Fingertips
This newsletter will be updated monthly on or around the 1st of each month. It should give you a small insight into our studies, goals, and achievements inside the classroom.